VALIDATE ID LTD - Proprietary Software License Agreement.
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THIS IS A LICENSE AGREEMENT
Validate ID Ltd's proprietary Validate software is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. Our software is licensed, not sold.
End User License Agreement
This End User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between the purchaser and Validate ID Ltd with regard to the copyrighted Software (herein referred to as "VALIDATE” or "SOFTWARE") provided with this EULA. The SOFTWARE includes computer software, the associated media, any printed materials, and any "online" or electronic documentation.
Use of any software and related documentation ("SOFTWARE") provided to you by Validate ID Ltd in whatever form or media, will constitute your acceptance of these terms.
If you do not agree with the terms of this EULA, do not download, install, copy or use the SOFTWARE. By installing, copying or otherwise using the SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, Validate ID Ltd is unwilling to license the SOFTWARE to you.
- Eligible Licensees. This SOFTWARE is available for license solely to SOFTWARE owners, with no right of duplication or further distribution, licensing, or sub-licensing. IF YOU DO NOT OWN THE SOFTWARE, THEN DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
- License Grant. Validate ID Ltd grants to you a non-transferable and non-exclusive right to use the copy of the SOFTWARE provided with this EULA.
2.1 If you have purchased a single SOFTWARE license, you agree not to install the SOFTWARE on other devices.
2.1 If you have paid for a Departmental License, the maximum number of devices (nodes) is equal to the number of nodes specified within the departmental licenses purchased.
3. If you have purchased a site license this entitles you to use it throughout your organisation irrespective of geographic location.
4. Copyright. The SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of Validate ID Ltd, and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE, except as expressly set forth above. All copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices as contained in or on the SOFTWARE. All title and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text and "applets," incorporated into the SOFTWARE), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the Validate Software, are owned by Validate ID Ltd. The SOFTWARE is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions.
5. You agree that you may not copy the written materials accompanying the SOFTWARE. Modifying, translating, renting, copying, transferring or assigning all or part of the SOFTWARE, or any rights granted hereunder, to any other persons and removing any proprietary notices, labels or marks from the SOFTWARE is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, you hereby agree not to create derivative works based on the Software. You may not transfer this SOFTWARE.
6. Reverse Engineering. You agree that you will not attempt, and if you are a corporation, you will use your best efforts to prevent your employees and contractors from attempting to reverse compile, modify, translate or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part. Any failure to comply with the above or any other terms and conditions contained herein will result in the automatic termination of this license and the reversion of the rights granted hereunder to Validate ID Ltd.
7. Limitation of Liability. Validate ID Ltd’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this EULA shall not exceed the price paid for the SOFTWARE, if any. In no event shall Validate ID Ltd be liable to you for any consequential, special, incidental or indirect damages of any kind arising out of the use or inability to use the SOFTWARE, even if Validate ID Ltd has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or any claim by a third party.
8. Rental. You may not loan, rent, or lease the SOFTWARE.
9. Upgrades. If the SOFTWARE is an upgrade from an earlier release or previously released version, you now may use that upgraded product only in accordance with this EULA. If the SOFTWARE is an upgrade of a software program which you licensed as a single product, the SOFTWARE may be used only as part of that single product package and may not be separated for use on more than one computer.
Last updated: March 2015
Posted in General Terms